Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Finest Love

Studying at Saint Vincent's College in Dipolog City, and learning to be fascinated with members of the opposite gender, I started asking what is this love that the movies and novels were talking about. I may have live with it through my parents and my close friends but understanding the experience from concepts put into words became very illusive to me. And there's no one to ask about it. Like discovering a new frontier, I had to start from scratch and dig into anything I can read love from. That also allowed me to understand the special affection I had with certain females of my age.

I read lyrics of songs to understand love from the songwriter's point of view. I bought books talking about love to obtain insights from many authors who found it in their own lives. I've seen movies, read magazines, hunting for the answer to one important question--what is love really? And I've known myths that others hold about it, bleeding-heart waiting from love abandoned in songs, ideas that tend to bind would-be lovers into unhealthy attachment to a love no longer was.... But the best part in that search was to find those ideas about love that liberates the soul from a failed love, and enabled it to move on. Love becomes a choice between two people, without which in any one, the reason for keeping on becomes a wasted time.

Finest Love: Over 100 Great Thoughts on Love [(c) 2009] is a choice collection of sayings about love and loving relationships that are positive as well as liberating. Some quotes directly dispels myths that had been circulating around mass media, such as songs and movies, and have caused miseries among the people who came to accept them as correct.

From the Publisher: It is a Great Thoughs Series Pamphlet No. 1, published by MorningSun Publishing to provide some meaningful way of learning from great thinkers inhistory in such a format that can be carried with you in your pocket for reference anytime, anywhere.

This present pamphlet is intended for all people who wants to understand correctly the many facets of love; who have been asking questions about love that no one was able to answer yet; who wants to enrich courtships, friendships, and married relationships; or simply want to share great thoughts to their family, friends, and loved ones. This is also for those who want to stay young at heart.  

Availability: This work is available only in the province of Cebu, Philippines at the Catholic Trade Center, University of San Carlos-Main Campus, P. del Rosario Street, Cebu City; the Charismatic Book Ministry Center, Basement Floor, Santo Rosario Church, P. del Rosario Street, Cebu City, and; Shrine of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Parish Office, Ward III, Minglanilla, Cebu.

Suggested Retail Price: PHP45.45 USD1.25 EUR1.00

Signed Copy: You may also order a signed copy directly through me. Simply email your order at zliteratus@rocketmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment